Cold brew coffee has become the summer drink of choice. It requires a bit of preparation but it’s super easy to make!
1) 1 cup of ground coffee (Virgin Hill filter/regular grind is recommended)
2) 4 cups of cold, filtered water
3) Stir REALLY well
4) Pour into mason jar or preferably a French press (Bodum type)
5) Store in fridge for 12-14 hours
6) If using a French press, simply push the plunger down but if you’re using a mason jar you need an extra piece – you can make your own coffee filterer using a piece of cotton or muslin or by putting a regular coffee filter over a mason jar and secure it using the outer rim of the mason jar (leave the cover off), make a little groove and slowly pour the coffee through the filter
7) You can pour it over ice or serve as-is. A dash of cream makes it lovely!
8) Lasts in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
Hope you’re having a delightful summer so far!